As the 2020 Utah Legislative season is winding down, we can now focus on the next phase of our plan. We now feel it is appropriate to ask you to turn your attention to helping make every county in Utah a 2A Sanctuary.
To all of our volunteers, we greatly appreciate your help in fighting the legislation that would have further infringed on our 2nd Amendment rights and in supporting the legislation that further enhances our 2nd Amendment rights.
UGE has been working behind the scenes to implement a grassroots movement in Utah to help counties become 2A Sanctuaries. We have been in contact with the VCDL (Virginia Citizen’s Defense League, the group that successfully helped citizens mobilize and turn counties 2A in Virginia)…. We can do this too! They have 90 counties; we only have 29 (and as of today, 6 are now 2A Sanctuary, with several more in the process).
We have done a ton of leg work; gathering and compiling information such as contact info for Commission and Sheriffs offices, calling & emailing them to get updates on current 2A activity, etc. We have set up a recommended step-by-step process for you to use as a guide in your county.
We have reached out to the UGE People’s Rapid Response Team and other volunteers to begin forming 2A volunteer groups in each county. We will be working to connect people by county. We will be here, behind the scenes, helping each coordinator and or group as needed and getting updated information to you, and from you. You will not have to do everything by yourself…. There will be help and support!
But now we need your help. We are all equal stakeholders in Utah! If we all do a little, we will all benefit a lot!
If you want to volunteer, please do the following:
- Email us back and let us know what county you want to help with and what county you live in.
- Let us know if you want to be a County Coordinator OR assistant (coordinator must have a Facebook page).
- Send us the URL link to your Facebook page; this will help us connect you with other group members in your county.
- Provide your phone number and email address.
- Request to join our Facebook Group, Utah Gun Exchange Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/155430211839647/
- Go to the 2A Information page on Utah Gun Exchange: https://utahgunexchange.com/2a-sanctuary-movement/ to read the step by step process and check the status of your county.
This 2 A page on Utah Gun Exchange is our centralized information page. When you obtain new information on 2A county status in your area, you can post that information on the UGE Community Page. We will consolidate that info and update the 2A page with it.
- Anytime you want to check on your county status, you will simply go to the 2A page on UGE: https://utahgunexchange.com/2a-sanctuary-movement/
- Anytime you have new information about 2A activity, Commission Meetings, etc. in your county, you will simply go to the UGE Community Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/155430211839647/ and post that information.
We appreciate your help! We are happy to be able to provide some of the tools for you to use; but YOU are ultimately the ones that will make this happen in your county.
Thank you for your commitment and your resolve to keep our Constitutional Rights in Utah.